Thursday, July 16, 2009

Biden More Than He Can Chew

Here are a couple of gems from Biden.

On healthcare:
“We're doing things that we know are going to save you, your children and your grand children billions of dollars over the next years. But we're not able to prove it." emphasis added
On the economy:
“Folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable. It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation. Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you." Audio
This reminds me of a posting I made a few months ago about a quote from Timothy Geitner:
"...be wary of any organization that claims to guarantee success and demands upfront fees."
Not only should you be wary, based on the above quotes, you should be scared sh*tless.

Let us hope Biden won't be giving advice on sobriety to drunks -- I can only imagine: " 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me to get sober I need to drink more alcohol?' The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you."


I encourage you to read Mish's coverage, which offers 2 more historic examples of similar tomfoolery.

No comments:

Post a Comment